2nd Apr 2012

My Achilles Heel and House of Blues

Saturday was spent with Lesley as a guest at Epcot – we did quite a bit and avoided getting soaked in the storm that appeared in the afternoon. We were stuck in the Land pavilion for ages waiting for the storm to pass and then we sat in line for Test Track waiting for it to reset after the lightning had moved away. It closes next week so we really wanted to ride it before then. The weather this week has been weird, hot, really hot and a higher chance of rain than you would expect for March. It is 10 degrees above average, the weather forecast used the graphic below which I think sums up how I have felt most days!

On Sunday I had another Seating training shift with Amelia. I have pretty much got the hang of seating so I she mostly left me to my own devices to just get on with it. I also started helping the servers to bus tables when it got really busy. Technically it is the servers job to bus their own tables and get them ready for the next party but when they are really busy or have very large tables it can slow the restaurant down a lot if they do not get any help so Seaters sometimes jump in to lend a hand to keep the wait time down for all the guests.

I have decided that this is my Achilles heel, You need to put all the old crockery and cutlery on a tray and take them to the kitchen and then clean the table and bring out new cutlery. I think my biggest problem is the tray carrying, I am just not very fast at it. I even managed to break a plate and spill water down myself. Hopefully it is just a skill that will come with time although I did feel a bit like I was letting the team down when it took me so long to get a table ready.

I met Sian on the bus on the way home and she suggested we all went to House of Blues in the evening. The others did not get home from work until later but eventually a plan made! In the mean time I realised I had lost my sunglasses, I have no idea where they fell out of my pocket, somewhere between the Commons and the UK Pavilion. I rang the bus people but they had not found anything so I think they are probably gone. A bit gutting since I only got new lenses for them a couple of weeks before I flew out.

We all had a great night at HOB and of course saw half of the Commons there including lots of the Canadians from our arrival date. On Sunday nights it is free with a Disney ID and they play good music in a massive club although the drinks are a little pricey for my liking.

I am off today and need to do some cleaning as we have a housing inspection on Wednesday and then I think Sian and I are off to Hollywood Studios.

Enjoy this post? Click Like to share it with your Facebook Friends