3rd May 2012

Cheerleaders, Dancers and Midnight Sport

In my last post I said how crazy life in the Disney CRP can be – the last week has pretty much proved that!

On Friday I had a really fun greeting shift where I had some of the nicest guests I have ever met. The park was fairly busy but nothing too crazy which meant that time flew by. By the end of the day I was pretty knackered and I just ended up crashing out at the end of the day.

Saturday was a bit insane. I was on Chippy registers and Epcot was hosting the world championship dance competition and the Wide World of Sports was hosting the world cheerleading competition which meant there were quite a lot of people in the park. Due to some call-ins and the park being a little busier than I think had been expected at several points in the day I ended up as the only register with a nice long line. Since it was also EMH by the end of the evening Craig and I were inside doing both registers and filling and we were pretty busy right up until we closed. With the insanity of the day I was terrified that my register would be off but I was only out less than 20c on a fairly hefty sum of money. I again got home and just crashed out with tiredness although now with a new roommate – Luca from Italy who has finally moved in to the empty bed in my room.

Sunday was my day off and I was in desperate need of a haircut. I decided to head to the Contemporary where we can get a cut in the guest Salon for $15 but when I finally got there I discovered it is closed on Sundays. Fail. I knew there was another one at the Grand Floridian so I jumped on the Monorail and thankfully that one was open and I could walk straight in and got a really nice haircut for a very reasonable price – I will definitely be back. Once I was done I jumped back on the Monorail to the Contemporary and went to the Contempo Cafe to grab some lunch – their Flatbreads are amazing. When I went to pay the CM asked if I was a cast member and told me we get a discount there – I totally forgot to ask! Great news as I love eating there. Sian and Lesley text to say they were going to Typhoon Lagoon but since I was not dressed for it and on the other side of the ‘World’ I said I would try and join them later. In the end I did not quite make it as I got a bit distracted with other stuff back at the apartment. In the evening we went to HOB where we had to say goodbye to Jon Roscoe who had been termed by housing – sad news for everyone, he will be missed by a lot of people.

Monday I was back to work and was meant to be on Podium but due to Jon being termed and other people self-terming I was moved to Chippie registers for what turned out to be a fairly boring shift as the park was very quiet.

Tuesday I was back in Chippie again for another quiet shift. In the evening the UK had organised midnight Kickball at the Disney softball pitches. There were 3 taxis full of people going and it was so much fun. Kickball is basically softball but played with a Soccer Ball with the ‘batsman’ kicking instead of using a bat. Every team I was on won, I would love to say I was the contributing factor but I fear that was probably not the case! I had a great night although the lack of a proper warm up left my pretty achey by the end. Hopefully we can play again next week where I fully intend to be much, much fitter. Playing sport with friends at 2am when it is still 20 degrees having just finished an 8 hour shift at work is yet another slightly surreal experience that could really only happen in the program.

On Wednesday I was finally back on Podium where I had a nice seating shift and we got out of Chippie by 9:40 thanks to some speedy cleaning and speedy checking by Janet. In the evening Sam drove Lesley, Jaci and I to Perkins at Crossroads where we met Craig, Emily and Sian for some 11pm Breakfast delights. French Toast late at night is never a bad idea!

Enjoy this post? Click Like to share it with your Facebook Friends