7th Jul 2009

What’s been happening?

I have been very bad and not blogged for a few days so this covers the last 4 days.

The 4th of July was a pretty lazy day – nearly everybody else was at work. I did however move from Patterson to Chatham to a lovely new apartment with 8 roommates – 3 French, 2 Turkish, 1 Taiwanese and 1 British. They are really nice. The afternoon was spent lazing by the pool with Alice soaking up the sun and just generally relaxing. At about 5 O’Clock I decided to head to MK to see if I could manage to get in to see the 4th July fireworks. I got there at about 6 and walked in with no problem, apparantly they were not as busy as they expected to be. The fireworks were good but not as good as last year, I guess the budget had been cut and loads of the projection effects were omitted.

The 5th was my first proper shift, an EMH close until 2.45am. I found everything really difficult and needed quite a lot of help from people which was a little embarassing. Closing procedures had me taking lost propoerty to City Hall. I got very lost behind the Jungle Cruise and in the end had to come into City Hall from the front as I could not find the back door – very bad show! Although I do now know the way so if I ever have to do it again I should be fine.

The 6th was another closing shift which was pretty uneventful – I spent most of the day on Wheelchair assist – the position that brings wheelchair parties into the station and makes sure they understand the transfer procedures. At the very end of the night I was told I was grouping and was told that I needed to save a whole train for a VIP that was coming in – It turned out to be Corbin Bleu of High School Musical fame – I did not actually get to see him but apparantly he was in and out very quickly so that he would be spotted.

Today was spent at Animal Kingdom. I had spoken to Charli earlier in the week and we had said we would go today. She had her Social Security appointment this morning so in the end I headed to AK at about 11 and Charli followed on after she had woken back up at about 3. We had a fun, if wet afternoon. I got soaked to the skin and that really did not help the cough that I am slowly devleoping. Once AK closed we went to EPCOT for Illuminations. It was a really fun day although the monorail journey back to the TTC was a little bit strange. Usually it is packed after Illuminations but I think every person got a seat – clearly the monorail crash has really put people off. I am now heading to bed and intend to sleep for a very long time – hopefully it will make me feel a little better!

Enjoy this post? Click Like to share it with your Facebook Friends